Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 300 SDL '87, no master keys, the Becker radio does'nt work nor the antenna, the ac does'nt work the compressor is ok. any suggestins ?

thanks, Skipper

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your fuses, of course, lol, sometimes we forget these things.

As far as the antenna, when you flip the switch do you hear anything moving around in the trunk? (i.e. the antenna motor)

Well, this may be terribly obvious, but it sounds like either the switch itself or the antenna.

You can get a replacement antenna mast + motor (mine is Hirschmann) from these guys importpartsonline.com

I replaced mine with no prob...can't remember any tricks or anything. Just pull the carpet up in the trunk to see the assembly, take the old one out and put the new one in.

When I replaced mine, I flipped the antenna switch and heard grumbling from the rear passenger area (duh, that is where the antenna is), so I knew it was the antenna motor and not the switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My antenna is like that too, still is it wont work, to fix it in the trunk on the side of your antenna look for a plug which has 6 circles 3 on left 3 on right, then look for two wires which are red and blue and then stick them in the first 2 rows red on left and blue on right. The reason mines not hook'd up is because my cars alterantor has issues so im afraid it uses battery while its off. When you stick it in you may need electrictape to hold it in or else they go loose and fall out probably right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts