Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - My '89 300 SEL has 205K miles on it. Often lately, the ABS dash light illuminates and the car shudders as if it's going to stall out. There's no acceleration but it does not stall. After about 30 - 45 seconds, the light goes off and it runs as if nothing happened. Any thoughts as to why this is, and what is the fix? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello - I'm still looking for help on this... my 1989 300 SEL's ABS light comes on and the car loses power. I have to pull off and wait about 1 minute before the light goes off and I get acceleration back. It is happening more often (every trip). Could this be a sensor or computer problem? Something is definitely amiss but I have no idea. Ideas, anyone?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello - I'm still looking for help on this... my 1989 300 SEL's ABS light comes on and the car loses power. I have to pull off and wait about 1 minute before the light goes off and I get acceleration back. It is happening more often (every trip). Could this be a sensor or computer problem? Something is definitely amiss but I have no idea. Ideas, anyone?
Common problem is the overvoltage relay assuming everthing else is good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I will look at it. If I pull it out, will I be able to tell if it's bad by looking, or do I check the voltage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right - the OVPR was loose - I cleaned it, changed the fuse and no more 'limp mode' - so thanks very much for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts