Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the euro style headlamps. Someone backed into the side marker in a parking lot and busted it. I also bought a replacement glass headlamp cover. It looks as though you have to pull the fender off to replace all this.... True?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome

Hi Vann and welcome to BenzForum. I am not familiar with the side marker on your car, but I don't think it would require taking the fender off to replace. Can you post a picture of the damaged part on the car? Among all our members on BenzForum I expect someone can answer your question. Keep checking back. By the way, I lived "over the mountain" in Birmingham several years and still have family in the area. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
560 SL Eurostyle side marker lens and headlamp lens replace

Attached is a picture of the headlamps and side markers. There are no screws on the outside of the lens. They screw from the backside and there is no access under the hood. I feel sure there is some easy way to get to these, but I haven't found it.

Yes, I live down the dreaded Highway 280. BUT... since I retired, there's no problem with traffic!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved!

After close inspection, I found a screw hole below the side marker near the bumper and another to the inside side of the headlight. This removed a small L shaped body part that exposed three screws that hold the whole headlight and side marker unit. Problem solved! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts