Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,i just recently bought a 91 300E 4matic.and i have a question about the radio.When i turn it on it just says "wait".id just like ot know if there is a way to fix this problem without bringing it to the shop?
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
ur gunna have to pay

I had the same problem, what happend was that a unit on the chip of the radio burned, a common problem for old benz. There is nothing u can do except bring that shizzle into a shop.. maybe pay 30 bux to fix it, or just buy a new headunit.. which kinda sux, u will loose ur power door lucks most likely. :cry:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Alex,
I had a problem like this once before. You might want to try what I did(as instructed by the my local MB dealer). The radio must be left on for 24 hours(or until the wait message disappears). Once the wait message goes away, you should get a "Code" message, for this, you will need to know the code to be entered. If you don't know the code, call your local MB dealer and give them your VIN, and they can tell you the correct code. If the radio has been changed at some point in the car's life, the radio may have to be removed to get the serial number from it, they can provide the code based on this info. After entering the code, keep the code in your glovebox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts