Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300SL continues to misbehave. Occassionally, the engine will cutout on application of the accellerator. It stalled in an intersection a week ago and would not restart. I had it towed to the local private Benz shop, where they kept it for three days trying to repeat the problem. Seems that when they received the car, it started and ran fine, even when the technician drove it home two nights in a row. No computer codes popped up and it ran perfectly. The tech said without a repeat, he could not find anything wrong. He mentioned possible solutions as fuel pump relays (MAS control unit in my car), overvoltage protection relay, or fuel pumps. They are a very good shop, and they didn't charge me a dime for their diagnosis, or lack of. I drove the car yesterday, and it happened again, though I managed to get it started and after a while, it started running fine. I installed a new fuel filter about a month ago. I know the cap and rotor need replaced, but they really aren't that bad. I'm starting to get desparate, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The problem is very, very intermittent. The car normally runs perfect. When it does start running badly, it's usually after the car has been driven a few miles. It never displays the stutter/stalling when dead cold. Oh ya, it has a new EHA valve, too.

Any ideas? Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
92 300SL......Stutter and cut out.

Very interesting. My 300SL is doing the same thing. I have had just about every part related to the fuel system and the ignition replaced and each time the mechanic said it was fixed. He kept it a week and had no problems. As soon as I got it back it started to miss intermittently when idleing and sometime gives a big miss and dies. It starts up every time but only idles smoothly if the RPM is above 1000.
Is is going back to the shop within the next few days. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts