Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Brand new here asking a question with hopefully a few good opinions in return. A local dealer has a very clean '94 C280 w/ 153k for sale. $5500 was the cash price. Started up fine and seems to run well. My eyebrow raised on the tranny when shifted into reverse, it seemed a little slowed to engage but engaged and all was well there. The A/C was a bit weak and he has only one key. A few searches in the forums lead me to believe that a replacement key is a bit costly but thats not a big deal because I'm always losing $%#.

I recently sold my 00' Cadi STS for a new Tundra 5.7 and the gas is taking me to the poorhouse. I wanted to get something a little better on petro and as comfortable as well as stepping into a "Merc":).

Should I do this deal? White, chrome OEM wheels, Dark Tan interior.

Thanks.

Vincent in Van Nuys, CA

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't by a high mileage MB C-class from years 94-97 unless you are very good DIY mechanic and have plenty of cash to spend on very expensive replacement parts. If you are going to buy an older C class, get a 98-00 since these are the years that they did the mid-model makeover and fixed all the crazy issues from the first few years. It's definately worth spending a couple of grand ($) more upfront to get the better model year cause you'll be putting that much back into the older model to get it running straight anyway.

Mercedes are definately the most beautiful car built and most comfortable car to drive, and they'll last forever if treated right, but treating them right costs plenty of money.

Btw... if you're still looking to buy an older C class, I've got my 1996 C280 (arctic white w/gray leather/mbtex) with 121,000 miles for sale for $5,998. It's in great shape, but needs a new MAF ($150 at autohausaz.com), heater blower regulator ($150), and freon recharge ($20). All very easy DIY, just don't want to do it myself cause I'm getting a new car.

check it out:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=242656147&dealer_id=62416091&car_year=1996&num_records=25&model=C_CLASSCLASS_SERIES&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=MB&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&position=top&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=84037&advanced=&end_year=2009&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts