Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

94 E320 sunroof problem

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  maikins1 
#1 ·
The sunroof on my 94 E320 is not working. When the button is depressed, you hear a slight sign as if it is engaging but nothing happens and the roof won't open. Is anyone else out there having this type of problem with your sunroof? The headliner in the car is immaculate and I do not want to go in there if I don't have to. I have checked the fuse and it is a red 16 amp and appears to be working fine...

#2 ·
If a 94 is like earlier years (and it almost certainly is) then you need not worry abut the headliner. The sunroof motor/module is located in the trunk at the base of the c-pillar, driver's side (USA). It's behind the plastic trim panel but there is a little access flap there for manually closing the roof panel. There is a steel tube that runs from the motor up the c-pillar and then forward at the center of the roof. A speedometer-like braided steel cable with nylon? rings molded to it runs through the tube and bolts to the rear edge of the sunroof panel. In my experience everything in the system can be serviced without dropping the headliner except the tube. You will have to drop the roof panel trim to access the drive cable bolts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.