Benz Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had to order a new delivery valve holder and the dealer noticed that the "valve carrier 7g" is different on cylinder #1. Two through 6 were the same part number. Anybody ever notice any difference?
Are these the little collars that screw onto the top of the pump? I don't recall a difference in them. Nor did I number them, so there is a good chance they got mixed up while I was cleaning them.

Good luck!
Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Underneath the part that screws in. The collar looking thing that fits loosley.
The parts counter person thought something sounded wrong.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't notice anything different across the six. I did them one at a time, though, so I didn't have a chance to look at them side by side.

Tom

E

·
0 Posts
Thank you for your advice guys! I had the same issue with tom and now I fully understand the troubles and remedies of my fuel pump. Great job guys!

Advertising signature link removed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my intake manifold off andnow cant remember where the hoses go? Matter of fact I am short one! I cant find the one that connects to the single connection under the cross over pipe. Thats if I have the others hooked up correctly. Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I took my intake manifold off andnow cant remember where the hoses go? Matter of fact I am short one! I cant find the one that connects to the single connection under the cross over pipe. Thats if I have the others hooked up correctly. Can anyone help ?
jmbeam:

There are A LOT of connections that go with taking the crossover or manifold off. I tried to take pictures at each step to help me get back to full function.

I looked back through the pictures I posted in the thread. The only one I have for the crossover pipe was the connector on the valve. If I have another one I didn't post, I'll add it here.

Good luck!
Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Unless you see fuel weeping on the top of the injection pump, you can probably get by without doing the delivery valve seals
Thanks for your input. I only have experience with my vehicle, so I am no expert. With the crossover pipe, it was hard to get a real close look at the IP. I don't recall having seen fuel weeping on top of the IP, even when I had the pipe off, and I was committed to the project.

The new seals definitely made the difference, though.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, I have had the exact same problem. I drive a '97 E300D,and have not been able to start it since i parked on the steep part of my driveway.
btw, taking off the intake manifold is not that hard, and leaves plenty of room for you to work and see what's going on.
I will need to do the same work on my injector pump that you are planning. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I will need to do the same work on my injector pump that you are planning. Let me know how it goes.
Post # 14 is how it went. If I were doing it again, I would have also bought the parts to replace the fittings on top of the manifold that deliver crankcase condensate back to the intake. The old rubber pieces were cracked.

Good luck!
Tom

21 - 31 of 31 Posts