Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, my wifes E320 (love the car) has transmission problems. Occasionally, not always, the car hesitates going into reverse. Eventually it does and everything is good. No problems in drive or park. Anyone heard of this problem? What did you do? Anyone had a tranny replaced, if so what did it cost?
:( Jim From TN

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
What year? It may be down on fluid. This will cause similar complaints. I rebuilt the trans on my '97 after about 50K. I am on a very extreme end of the spectrum, mind you. A MB rebuilt unit will run you 4-6K (parts, labor) depending on the year and market you are in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your reverse band is worn out. It will end up in reverse & first at the same time. Fix it before it breaks all the way and contaminates the valve body. It will cost about $1800 to rebuild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
95 tranny

I had a problem that started the same way with a 95 e 320 about 125000 miles. I had to go for a new trans. Eventually you will not be able to back up the slightest incline..A reconditioned factory mercedes trans installed $3200 I believe but not sure 2 yr 24000 mile warranty good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts