Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 1995 S420, and i have several questions....

1- I would like to know the average price of this car when it was NEW
2- How much HP does it have?
3- What are the cons and pros?
4- What gasoline does it use? 91 octanes or 95?
5- How many gears does it have? 4 or 5 or 6?
6- I also want to put an onboard navigation on the S420 like the one in the picture,can this be done? and more or less how much would it cost

because right now i have a volvo 940 and its a 2.3 v4, and it only has 4 gears and when im going at 100Km the car is going at 2500 RPM, i hope the benz is not like that

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
1. Around 70-80K depending on options
2. 275
3. Pro's nice ride, great cruiser, very nice interior. Con's Very expensive to own.
4. at least 91
5. 722.5
6. 5 gears
7. Not without major modification. You can do anything with enough money.

I'd recommend looking through the pages here. This car has been discussed quite a bit. There is a lot of good info a prospective buyer should see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHAEDRUS242 said:
1. Around 70-80K depending on options
2. 275
3. Pro's nice ride, great cruiser, very nice interior. Con's Very expensive to own.
4. at least 91
5. 722.5
6. 5 gears
7. Not without major modification. You can do anything with enough money.

I'd recommend looking through the pages here. This car has been discussed quite a bit. There is a lot of good info a prospective buyer should see.
well one question i had a volvo and a break disc from a generic brand is worth 70 dollars, and the benz break disc is 80....so its not really that expensive to own

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Best of luck with that. You'll be doing a lot more than just brakes. Average cost of ownership on a w140 that old is 5-6K/year. Great car, just not something to be entered into lightly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHAEDRUS242 said:
Best of luck with that. You'll be doing a lot more than just brakes. Average cost of ownership on a w140 that old is 5-6K/year. Great car, just not something to be entered into lightly.
i dont think it will be that much because my aunt(the person im buying the car from) does not spend 5-6k a year in that car and she has like 30k miles on that car only, so its in perfect state, and also what parts break down the most ?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Leaks, leaks, leaks, climate control, electronics, you name it. Cars that sit deterriorate. Low mileage is not always a good thing. There are many details as to the most common failures within these pages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts