Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'95 S420

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cool 
#1 ·
I'm about to buy a 1995 S420, and i have several questions....

1- I would like to know the average price of this car when it was NEW
2- How much HP does it have?
3- What are the cons and pros?
4- What gasoline does it use? 91 octanes or 95?
5- How many gears does it have? 4 or 5 or 6?
6- I also want to put an onboard navigation on the S420 like the one in the picture,can this be done? and more or less how much would it cost

because right now i have a volvo 940 and its a 2.3 v4, and it only has 4 gears and when im going at 100Km the car is going at 2500 RPM, i hope the benz is not like that

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
good news!

If you havent bought this car yet, I can try my best to answer your questions...

The average price of an S-Class in the mid 90's was closer to the 70-100G range depending on your options and engine.
The HP ranged from 228 for the V6 to 275 to 315 for the V8 and for the V12 youll see 389.
Pros, if you like big cars, its big. Fun peppy sedan with high class style, attention getting looks, 1st class amenities, and 1st class ride!!! Cons, premium only costs you over $3.00 a gallon and with a V8 up to 5L youre looking at a hog.
Gas octane, PREMIUM!!! 97 Octane only!
Tranny uses all 5 of its gears
Navigation is a great idea, and as long as its genuine Mercedes, you should be very able to install it into any Mercedes, and by the looks youll be golden, and never lost! Cost is all depending on how well you want the job done, if you are willing to spend the dime, then it will probably cost you an electricians hourly rate plus your part.

I highly recommend this car to you. Ive ridden and driven S-Class Mercedes, and they are the cream of the crop by anyones standards. If you want to arrive anywhere you go then you MUST have the "S" on the derrier of your Benz!

#3 ·
additional opinion, on the fuel never try to use high octane fuel on big engines, it will burn the valve seat, big engines on sedans by MB are to work on 95 octane and below. Yes its one of the very few models produced by MB which can be considered the cream of the crop in automotive innovation.

But be cautioned, the Sclass on the WDB 140 have its down side (factory defect) ex: wiring harness, throttle actuator, rear hydraulic suspension (if equipt) climate control module, (these are the common deffects) otherwise its the car thats worth every liter of gas you spend while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.