Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and welcome site, Im a brandnew member...I have a 1995 SL500. If I drive the car every day. It drives like a brand new car,,, If I let it sit a cpl weeks, The car has troubling starting , no Power, coughs, then after about 10 mins it runs perfect. I thoght it was a dirty fuel filter , I changed the filters and pumps, Its still doing it. Theres no check engine light . By the time i drove it to diagnostic it was running fine , so nothing showed up.... Any gueses ?

·
Administrator
868 Posts
I can't remember when the M119 engine changed from distributors to coil packs!!

If yours has distributors it is probably the distributor caps and rotors. My 1993 SL500 suffered from the same problem until I changed the caps* which were always full of moisture if the car was left for any time.
If yours does not have distributor caps then I would check/replace the coil packs and leads.

*I bought Beru caps that are much better than Bosch.

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
It may well be the caps, moisture is often a problem, but I have different thoughts. Try this, turn the ignition on for 30 seconds but do not start the engine then switch the ignition off, then switch the ignition on again and after about 15 to 30 seconds turn the ignition key to the start position and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nailed IT !!!! Caps and rotors..!!! Thank you so much.. !!

And much much appreciation to all that offered assistance.. !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts