Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my key with the key fob this morning and the chip fell out along with the batteries and now when I try to start it the engine turns over but won’t start. I put the case back together with the batteries and still won’t start. I don’t think it’s the batteries since it turned on just fine yesterday. And I don’t want to buy a new key fob if there’s an easy fix or something I’m just missing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dropped my key with the key fob this morning and the chip fell out along with the batteries and now when I try to start it the engine turns over but won’t start. I put the case back together with the batteries and still won’t start. I don’t think it’s the batteries since it turned on just fine yesterday. And I don’t want to buy a new key fob if there’s an easy fix or something I’m just missing.
I would open it back up and look very carefully at the solder joins. They are quite minute, but with a glass or even a phone camera, you might be able to spot a break. worth a try before going for a new one. If it was the a chip that fell out, I would check to see if all the pins are in correctly. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts