Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 e320, when i turn on the ac, the fan blows only at one speed. Whether its at the lowest setting or the highest setting. It actually blows just alittle bit harder at higher settings, but very little, almost not enough to notice unless u really pay attention. Does anyone know what the problem is. I'm guess its the heater/ac controller. But is there a sensor that regulates the speed, or could it be my motor. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you feel the motor blows a little bit harder on a higher speed it may be a good idea the check the cabin air filter. I experienced a similiar problem and checked these filters and it appeared the haven't be changed for some time. Bought some new filters and there is a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Cabin filters are behind the glove box. You'll need a really short phillips screwdriver to get them out. There are four covers and four screws, two on top two on bottom. After those are out, it may need a really good tug to get it free. Make sure the cover over the dust filters is tightly sealed when you reinstall it. Otherwise you will have an annoying whistle sound whenever the blower is running.

I think it is more likely that your blower motor resistor has gone bad (this is not unheard of). The bad thing is that part has been updated to a new, more reliable version (in and of itself that's good), but that also means a new updated blower and a new updated housing must be purchased as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts