Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have a 97 e320 that I just bought. I drove it home fine. Cranked a few times on its own, suddenly won’t start. I replaced the battery still no start. Sprayed starting fluid it started. Shut it off won’t start. So I replaced fuel pump and filter and pressure regulator still nothing. What could possibly be the problem because it on starts with starting fluid and not on its own.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd put a scanner on it and see what it says, might get lucky. I have one that cost ~$11 (Amazon # B00PJPHEBO) that uses your phone and it worked pretty good with free apps. Later I bought an Autel MaxiAP AP200 for like $70 and it shows substantially more detail. A royal pita to get to work and figure out, but it's worth it.
I suppose it's possible it's the MAF but I've never seen one just die like that, and I'd assume it would start anyway but run like crap, but who knows with computers...
Fyi, if yours is like my '99 was, the MAF was rather expensive but I saw a Volkswagen unit at a repair shop that looked identical but only $25, worked perfectly. So my guess is a generic sensor and price depends on what care you happen to own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts