Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the average life of these Xenon HID lightbulbs on a 1997 s500? Also, how much can I expect to pay for replacements? I heard that that they cost around $200 each.

Thanx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also...can anyone tell me why one light seems to be more pink than the other? When they first turn on (before they've heated up), they both look blue....once they've heated up, one looks more like a traditional Xenon blue-ish hue and the other looks almost pink.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
One, xenon lights are big $$$. $200.00 is a good price for a bulb. They should last damn near forever. Having a '97, you may be getting close to the end of the life expectancy, but given an 8 year service life, that's not half bad. Oftentimes, the ignitor is what goes bad. Save for older cars, I rarely ever replace a bulb.

As for the color difference, that's what happens as they get old. The gas starts to glow a different color. I normally replace both bulbs in the rare instance that one needs to be replaced, as the difference between the new and old one tends to upset most of my clients (and me).

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
where can I read a bit more on installing a HID conversion kit in my 1992 500sel?

Do I need to also change my normal light case for this? Need bright lights urgently as current ones seem not to adequate any longer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts