Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am new here but i am very active at bimmerforums.com. I am having a little trouble with the A/C in my 98 C280. As i turn on the car the A/C works for probably 3-5 minutes and then im thinking the A/C condenser just shots off for some reason and the air is no longer cold... and never goes back on until you completely shut off the car. If you guys have any input that would be great! Thanx alot guys

JEFF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lynn said:
Another idea is a failing A/C control unit.

When you say A/C control unit are you talkin about the unit in the car or is that something located elsewhere. I was thinking that it cant be the condenser because it does work just for some reason it stops working. The first thing that i thought is that it could be a faulty on/off valve or something in that nature! Thanx for your help... more input would be greatly appreciated! THANX

JEFF

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The controls in the dashboard can go bad. Mine does interesting things, but my symptoms are different than yours. The HVAC will just shut off and will shut off repeatedly when I try to turn it on. Of course this never happens when the car is at the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts