Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
window vent) The drivers side blows warm ambient air unless I run the recirculate. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried the diagnostics using the temp control panel, but need some feedback.

TIA, Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have hot air through driver side and cold air thru passenger side, then you have a defective ACC Mono Valve or ACC Duo Valve.

You need to get this valve replaced.

With regards,

RaviKumar
Abudhabi, UAE.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Actually, I've seen a low refrigerant charge cause the A/C to blow cold on one side, and regular vent air on the other.

X2 on the duo valve as well, it can easily cause this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was getting ambient air from both sides until I added some R143a. The AC compressor was engaging, which I think implies that there was some refrigerant in the system. After adding I got cold air out of the passenger vents, but not the driver. I saw a TSB for pre 96s mentioning low charge or the valve. I'll check the R134 again, then look at the valves. I'm getting about 25-30 PSI on the suction side at fast idle. Maybe still a little low.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - Let me know if I'm understanding the system correctly.

The AC cools 1 evaporator, and the duovalve adds heat to the left or right side to control the temperature on each side of the car? So the lack of cool air on the driver side could actually be an excess of hot coolant getting to that side?

Thanks, Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts