Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new battery in my 99 E320 today. After I installed the new battery, the power windows won't roll up. All four roll down great but won't roll back up or do so after many many clicks of the switch at about 1/4" at a time. Any one have any ideas? Right now, I have two up and two down.....thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
HI: Try this- raise each window by pressing the switch only to its first position- NOT the second position which is the 1 touch. It takes a gentle touch to feel the difference but it's there. Hold the switch in the manual mode position until the window raises and hold it there a few seconds. Do the same for the down position. It may take several up down cycles but this should fix your problem. Apparently the window uses a "hall effect" sensor for the anti-pinch and 1 touch so it has to relearn its upper and lower limits after a low power drop. My 98 E300 did the same thing after a very very cold start where it sat for a week. The above fixed it and also a few times when a rear window would raise and then drop about an inch. Hope this works.

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts