Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to refresh the tranny fluid for my 99 C230 Kompressor, and I found that is not possible due to a "sealed" transmisson. Is that true? So I will never need to worry about it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
According to MB, that's true. If you want to follow that recommendation, it's really up to you. I usually suggest if you have money to blow, every 100k miles, it probably wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tranny fluid change on 99 C230K

Zewerr,
I appreciate your input. I don't like to blow money at every 100k miles. If it is a sealed transmission how can I change the tranny fluid? If there is a way to replace the tranny fluid perhaps you can point to me a thread with instructions. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Draining the fluid and replacing the filter is much like any other auto trans. Simply drop the pan and replace the filter. I also believe your car is old enough, that your torque converter has a drain plug on it, so you can drain that as well. The problem is refilling the trans back up, since the car doesn't come with a dipstick. The trans fluid temperature needs to be monitored with some kind of scan tool, and the fluid level would need to be checked with a workshop dipstick in order to do it properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tranny fluid change

Zewerr,
Much apprecaited on your expertise. From the description of the work involvement I believe this would be a job for the shop. :D Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts