Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please advise me on how to tighten the power window / door lock / side view mirror contol buttons that are located on my center console?
When I push down on any one of the controls, the button will drop down below the console...
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
The clips on it are probably broken. If you pull out your console wood along with the switch pack, there are 4 spots where you can add screws to secure it down as well. It works perfect as a backup solution when the clips break.

If you wondering how to pull the wood out, there's two screws at the bottom of the storage box in the console. Remove those and pull the storage box out. Then the wood will just pop right off. Careful not to bend and crack it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zewerr...Thanks a lot for your reply!
I have just one more question (keep in mind that I am not the most mechanically inclined guy). I took the storage box screws out and removed the console storage box, but it doesn't appear that the wood will easily lift out. It looks to me like the wood is attached underneath the stick shift...is there more to it than just pulling the wood off??? Thanks again for your time and help!

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you simply lift up on the back side of the wood, where the storage box was, it'll lift the
wood out of the clips, and the trim piece around the shifter should unclip along with the
wood. Basically, your unclipping the shifter trim from the shifter, by lifting up on the
wood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zewerr...
Thanks a lot for your time and advice...I will give it a shot!
Regards, OPFLA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts