Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone newbie here. just have some questions about ac. no cold, tried to check for leaks- no leaks, refrigerant- charged it and its ok, replaced expansion valve already but to no avail. one thing i havent check is the compresssor, i dont know how to check it without removing the hose to check if it really works. is anybody in here help me understand or even give me knowledgeable advice on how to check if the compressor functions properly or in any electrical or visual checks. thanks in advance. by the way its w220067 (s350).

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I wouls look at the compressor clutch to see if it is turning when the AC is activated; if it doesn't, jump power from the battery to the terminals on the compressor to see if it kicks on. The A/C system in your car is a pretty complicated one, I would not try messing around without a little better qualification. There are a lot of expensive parts that can be damaged by improper repair attempts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks a lot buddy. sorry for being a klutz on this compressor thing. how to visualize the clutch? is it just in the front of belt pulley of ac compressor? if i jump a cable going to my SAM (i traced it and found a black wire for the compressor) and it kicks, does that mean the compressor is working? here's another problem on my sisters c200, while driving the ac just stops cold. stop and start the car and everythings back to normal and no cold again after 15 minutes driving. is it the compressor? what does a refrigerant pressure and temperature sensor does? does it triggers the compressor to turn off or on? what do you think is the fault on this? thanks a lot my friend, you've been so helpful in al of us here.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
It's right behind the pulley on he compressor. i wouldn't personally jump power off of the SAM. I keep a spare battery charged up for such purposes, but the one in the car (with some LONG leads) will work.

As for the C, I imagine you'd have a fault in the ACC module. If I had to guess, I would try an evap temp sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts