Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 190E and having problem locating the A/C leak. Already dye the system to locate the leak but nothing show. Was thinking it might the A/C evaporator, can any give advice how I can take out the evaporator or a way to check if the leak is in the evaporator, or other places to look in to for possible problem anyone might have experience. Thank you, response is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the easiest way to check the evaporator is to look for dye in or around the drain tube from the evaporator housing, you will need to put car up on a hoist or jack the front end and put on jack stands. the drain tube is located underneath near the trans tunnel. replacing the evaporator is a major job as the dashboard has to be removed. hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, check for dye at condensation drain.

Replacing the evaporator on the 210 chassis is nothing like the same job on many other models. The evaporator is changed from the firewall side.

Merry Christmas,
Doc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry 'bout that. I meant 201 chassis, I got my numbers transposed, a temporary dyslexic fit.

I have never done a 201 evaporator, but I'm pretty darn sure it is accessed from the engine compartment.

Merry Christmas,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts