Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I just recently purchased a 1998 CLK 320 (yeah!) because I didnt want or need a brand new one and the price/mileage was just out-of-sight! I was hoping somone could answer some questions I have so far. I hope to gain enough knowledge to help someone else out like I'll be helped today.

I lost the manual (yeah, how easy is that to do?) and I just do not like the cost given to me by the local MB dealership. I'm more than certain that book shouldn't cost that much. Is there any place on the web that I can buy another owner's manual?

My next question has to do with warranties. I'd like to buy an extended warranty online but am not quite sure who to go with. Does anybody have any suggestions as to which companies I should use for my Mercedes. I'm afraid of choosing the wrong people for obvious reasons.

Oh, and I was also wondering what CD changers were compatible with the factory radio? I'm having a devil of a time finding solutions for this problem, short of spending the $1,000 dollars that the dealership is charging for the unti and installation.

You help on these issues will be GREATLY appreciated, I assure you! :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to BenzForum!

You can order a replacement owners manual specifically for your vehicle directly from MBUSA. You might want to give them a call at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372) to check on price. The MBUSA Customer Assistance Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
manual

I think u can register in the owners circle at www.mbusa.com and as a member, u would be able to download the owner's manual for your car FREE. It worked in my case... C320

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Owners Manual for CLK 320

Try eBay, I saw two owners manuals for that model, don't remember if they were for 1998 and 1999 or 1999 or 2000. They had the buy it now option for $20.00, they included all of the book that would come with the car plus the portfolio case. Goof luck. If they're sold, keep trying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Owners Manual for CLK 320

Try eBay, I saw two owners manuals for that model, don't remember if they were for 1998 and 1999 or 1999 or 2000. They had the buy it now option for $20.00, they included all of the book that would come with the car plus the portfolio case. Goof luck. If they're sold, keep trying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cd changer

keep in mind with the cd changer, that even if you install it yourself it needs the radio head unit programmed to accept the cd player into the fiber optic loop. also, on certain early clks's , installation can be a nightmare caused by too short of a fiber optic cable to reach where the cd player mounts(right side of trunkwell) personally, i would either get it done by a dealer, or install an aftermerket fm modulated changer in the car. hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts