Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving the gym the other day and humidity was fairly high. My windshield was sligthly fogged but not enough to hinder my visibility.

So I drove off and then decided to turn the defogger on. Well to my great surprise my windshield became completely opaque. This happened in less than 2 seconds and it go so moist that I couldn't see anything. I had no choice but to slam on the breaks. I was still in the parking lot and luckily I didn't hit anything or anyone.

Beware of this problem - do not turn the defogger on while driving. It works fine, it just seems to have this weird side effect the first few seconds after you turn it on.

P.S. I've never seen this happen on any other cars I owned. C class' defogger seems to be pretty powerful and I think that's what causing the problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You may need to verify that economy mode is off and the A/C (AUTO) is on. This way, the A/C can de-humidify your cabin air.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That can happen when there is a lot of humidity in the air. Turn on the "windshild defroster" and it will clean the windshield in 10 seconds. It is very effective.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've noticed that same condition. Your warning is a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts