Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.. I have a few question..

I bought a brand new C230K back 3years ago I only had it 5months and it was a total POS.. Everything was messed up on it. To make a long story very short I totaled it and messed myself up pretty bad.. Everyone said if it wasnt for the benz being made good I wouldnt be here but its also because of the benz I even was in the wreak.

Benz treated me awful.....I would never put the money into another one.

I went car shopping today. After 3 years I am ready to buy a brand new car.

I loved the benz if only it would have ran better. As far as the price, the outside and inside look I loved it. But thats the past and you cant bring it back.

My questions is.......

Does MB even make the C230K anymore? I cant find it on the web site...

What have you all trade in for after your C230K?

I am looking at the CTS but I'm not sure that it has enough leg room for me, I dont rememeber the c230k being right up on my leg when I drove.

If anything I'm going to upgrade to a nice safe SUV... Yukon or Esclade

Any input would be welcomed

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope all is ok now.

I own a C230K 2002 and I can tell you I am not 100% satisfied with it. I just brought it back from the dealer yesterday for more 'warranty work'. I've been reading a lot ablot Mercedes recently and I wish I did some research prior to buying my car.

There are so many bad things about the C class that it boggles my mind how Mercedes can produce such a bad line of cars. If you are interested about some of the problems people are having and how much the resale value is on these cars go to the website below... its only for customer complaints... http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/ and it is not afiliated with Mercedes.

Anyway, my advise to you is to buy yourself a nice safe car... maybe a Land Rover if you want a nice strong SUV... Just not another Mercedes. They have really went down in quality and they are not worth the money you pay. I think I read one entry from that website that said that someone only got $10,000 for a 2 year C230 that they paid well over $40,000. On top of all this, CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!

So, just say NO to Mercedes... I'm actually looking into trading mine in!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If you want no hassles, buy Japanese. If you want driving dynamics and soul, buy German.

I could not disagree more abou the Land Rover though. You think you see the dealer a lot now, try owning a Rover for a while.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
MBUSA stopped selling the coupe in December. It is still available in the rest of the world. The C class is one of the safest vehicles in the world. It has the second highest score ever recorded in the very stringent European Union crash tests.

I don't know where the myth that SUV's are safer than anything else started. It is not only untrue, it is the opposite of the facts. SUV's are the least safe vehicles on the road. Check out the governments stats on accident rates, fatality rates and injury rates.

MB has really been working hard on improving quality. The 2005 C's are much much better than the older 203's.

No one ever paid more than $40,000 for a C230 unless they were extremely stupid. That is more than the sticker price for a C coupe with every option. Only a person who is stupid or desperate ever took $10,000 for a trade in on a coupe.

Service is highly dependent on the dealer just as with every other make. My dealer gives me great service.

benzgirl, if the Coupe was a total POS, why did you love it and why do you want another?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: WOW

Ola said:
complaints... http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/ and it is not afiliated with Mercedes.
quote]

Thanks for the site! Wish I found that a few year ago it would have helped alot.

To make myself clear on me "LOVING" the benz. I loved the design, I loved the look and I loved the inside of the car and everything it SHOULD have did.

But I should have took it back once it died on me the 1st night I had it home and it took road side 3 hours to come get me!

The car was in the shop more then I had it, It was a true lemon! MB local and the main MB was very RUDE with me. I was cussed out by the local owners and when I reported my service I was getting they didnt do anything about it either.

I contacted a lawyer and he was trying to get my car fixed. I liked the car if it would "RUN"

But when you buy something brand new you want it to work, I didnt pay to drive around a beat up old NISSON!!! They gave me when they had a "loaner"

MB is very unfair.. I found a few people at the time who also had the same problems so I knew I wasnt "crazy" as they made me think I was.

I havent kept in touch with the others so I have no idea how the cases went.

I read on this site that there was a class action suit? Anyone know about it?

But like I said I loved the car if only it would have never gave me the problems it did. I would list all the problems but I doubt anyone has the time to read them all :lol:

Just for the record.. The car was totaled which made it even harder for someone to say what and how it happen. And with it being the first year and 5 months from when it was released no one could look at it to tell me the real "problem" I wasnt going to trust MB main people telling me what was wrong when I had a lawyer on them.

And also I was hurt very bad. I dont rememeber anything that happen. Someone found me laying on the side of the road with my ankle bone hanging out my foot. The benz was the last thing on my mind or my family.

MB never did anything. No lawyer around here would take my case since you couldnt have a garage look at it for the 1st year. I should kept the car and had it looked at after the year but my parents handled it for me since I wasnt able to do anything. MB should have paid for the BS they put me thru but they didnt and never will.

But life does go on. Its been 3years this year and I suffer everyday from it. I can not have the normal "young" life I had before. I am in rehab everyday because of this.

I didnt come on here to start anything or even get into all this mess.

Was just wondering what other C230K users are looking to trade in for or have bought.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts