Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am currently an owner of 99.5 A4 1.8t and in about a week will be leasing an 02 c230k coupe. Since this is a lease I will not be doing much of performance stuff but I am interested in the Wetterauer chip http://www.chip-tuning.com/usa/products/mercedes.html which they claim 230hp/230ft/lbs. Does anyone know any more details (does it require aftermkt pulley)?
Also, when I get the coupe I want the C5 (luxury), xenon lighting, in dash 6 disc chgr and most of the C7 package but not the wheels. I have a nice set of rims from my A4 (anthracite Flik Lex 17x8 on 235/40/17 Yokohama AVS) that will fit the c230 that I plan to put on and I'm not a big fan of the wheel design of the C7 package but want the other stuff. Also there are three black colors for the c230 coupe and I want the one that blends in best w/ the rear color. Any ideas? Thanks for any info.

*My A4 is pretty modified but too harsh of susp. in Houston, TX (after Bilstein Sport susp. upgrade). Check it out at http://people.bcm.tmc.edu/~kkyaw :D

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wetterauer does not make a chip for the C230k. Their kit consists of a bolt on pulley ring, a fuel regulator and a couple of other items. It was for the W202 C230k and older SLK230k's. I'm not even sure it will work on the coupe. No coupe owner on any of the boards has reported purchasing this kit.

There is no such thing as an in dash cd-changer. It goes in the glovebox.

Are you certain those wheels will fit? I have read that wheels from Audis and VW's will not fit.

Black Opal is called Green Black in most other countries. It has a definite green tint in certain light conditions. It is also a special order and will cost an extra $1150. Obsidian black is a metallic black and it not as dark as the non-metallic black

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for clarifying Lynn. So is there a pulley+chip combo

that will bring that kind of power to the c230k coupe: 230hp/230ft/lbs. and how much will that cost me about?
Also I've ran a check on EdgeRacing.com and yes the same wheels will fit on the A4 and C class. Some things they have in common are wheel size and headlight bulbs (H7 I believe).
Any thought on my question about the C7 wheel package? I want everything except the wheels in that package. Is there any way the dealer can arrange something (knock some $ off?). Thanks and I appreciate your input. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
more power

skip the chip and order the Kleemann pulley kit from Evosport; it really adds 40 hp and gives the engine the torque it needs; installation is simple :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question on Kleemann pulley kit

Does the Kleemann pulley kit require anything else other than a pulley? On Audi 1.8T engines you have to ALWAYS have software (chip) to compensate a higher boost of PSI on the turbo. Thanks for any info. I'm new to Benz and hope it is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just leased one and changed the wheels

I leased one, just yesterday. 02 c230k.

love it.

it had the c7 package. but I didn't want the wheels. nor did I care about the interior details. so we made a deal...they change the wheels to the stock ones, and they throw in a cd changer. it may not sound like it was an apples-for-apples deal, but I got exactly what I wanted and they gladly sold one of the last of their 02s. a win-win situation.

and besides that, they are seriously dealing on these cars.

so give it a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts