Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with abs bas and esp lights coming on can anyone tell me how to fix problem, I tought I had blown a fuse but I changed them and it made not difference, In the manual I have it suggests that the battery might be not charging ? can any body help my car is a c200 CDI year 2004 Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
A fully charged battery is 12.75 volts with the car off.

Then after the car is started, the voltage should go up to 13 or 14 volts. That means the alternator is working and charging the battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had the battery checked out today it is fully charged?
If you have started it several times and been driving it with those warning lights on and it still has a fully charged battery, that would imply the alternator is working and charging the battery. Better is to use a multimeter though.

Other than that, about all you can do is check fuses. And check to be sure the electrical connectors under the hood are all connected - nothing loose. (That is without having electrical diagrams - anyone have a link to electrical diagrams for this car?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice, but I have checked all the fuses I have the diagram, but they are all ok, I have read that it might be the brake stop switch? I think i will try this and see if it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts