Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to troubleshoot why the AC isn't working. Bought my daughter a 2006 C230. Was told that the "plug" was missing that goes to the AC drier. Does that sound right? Could they be talking about the low/high AC pressure switch that screws into the AC drier? Does anyone know if it's a 3 plug wire? Whatever it is, it is missing (plug and wires). Help!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wasn't aware a dryer had an electrical plug. Can't imagine why it would have one either since they just sit there and as a general rule do nothing. I even ran one without the dryer because I didn't feel like making fittings for it. It was a custom deal so I converted it all to AN fittings.
Now if it had a plug that plugs a hole which vented the freon, then I'd imagine that's an easy fix?
For me AC issues are almost always lack of freon, sometimes bs elect issue like a fuse or bad On switch, or the clutch is bad. Freon is an easy fix, and if you get a fill kit with gauges you can check pressure in and out (low/high) to see if it needs any and verify the pump is pumping. Sometimes a bad "On" switch is such a pita it's easier to put a toggle switch on it. Like if it's computer related to thermostat control etc, or the switch is too hard to find or too expensive. A cheap toggle switch is better than no AC! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts