Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2005 C230K Sports Sedan. It came with the factory stereo system with 6 speakers. Noticed the speakers are only in the doors and a pair of tweeters up front. I'd like to add a couple of speakers on the rear shelf if possible. Question is how easy is it to add new speakers on the rear shelf and is the car prewired for speakers on the shelf? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Although I haven't delved too deeply into them, it is unlikely that simply adding speakers would do anything, even if wiring exists (whick is also unlikely, but not impossible), your amp is not going to have powered channels that lie dorment (ups production costs unnecessarily). The only real solution would be to try and retrofit the components from the optional HK system, or scrap the whole thing and start from scratch (new head, wiring, amps and speakers). In a year or two, you'll probably see some of these HK components for sale on the forums for a good price, as there are people that pull everything in order to get an aftermarket setup. I aquired all the Bose components for my commuter for less than $100 shipped as the seller had no use for them after his custom installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts