Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 SL600 that I think has a faulty sensor in the ADS. First off, the ADS light is intermittent and mostly comes on when it is warm to hot out (I tried resetting the steering angle switch no luck). Second, when I start the car the front end just drops about 3 - 4 inches right off the bat and while driving the front is very bouncy to a point of having to slow down to 25 to keep in the seat. Now if I put it in sport mode the bounce goes away but the front end still raises and lowers its self erratically. I do not see the accumulators being bad. I did have the codes read on it and of course these came back, right- body acceleration sensor, steering angle sensor, Level Control Lockout switch and the BAS release switch. Now they all can't be bad, I think one triggered the codes for them all. So before I throw some parts at her what do you think?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would look toward the level control lockout switch. The body acceleration sensor will affect your ASR system, the steering angle sensor code is almost always due to low battery voltage and your BAS release switch has nothing to do with that system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts