Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a small tear on the backside of the driver's headrest, probably 1/2 inch or so long. It's not very noticable, but I'm worried that the loose flap might catch on something and cause further damage. Anyone have the unfortunate experience of having to repair their seats? Any idea how much the cost might be (Southern CA), or if there's a good DIY kit that I could try myself? I've seen the late night infomercials that sell some repair kit, but would like real world experience before I go off and try something out.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dave, there is a place in Los Angeles that does a good job, and it is not too expensive. They are on Pico Blvd in West LA and the name is......I wanna say "Harry's Upholstery" or even "Peter's Upholstery" but if you call Beverly Coachcraft in WLA (on Sawtelle), ask Peter or Dan who does the upholstery, the place is right around the corner from them.

They can talk to you about repair, though I am pretty sure a repair will look worse than the original.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is another back alley place that does a decent job for cheaper price located on Olympic just east or west of 17th St. in Santa Monica. I wanna say "west," close to 15th. It is literally in the alley. Depending on your price point, either shop is good. There is another place on Barry Ave. just south of Olympic Blvd. in West LA that does a nice job. I believe that he is called "Century Custom Coach." Jose owns it--he does pretty good body work and interior. Tony is a good mechanic a few doors down at the end of Barry Ave., very familiar with your 70's-80's MBZ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts