Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a lenghty road trip. Two small issues (besides the speeding ticket)...

I ran my sedan through a touchless wash, but now I have a few small white soap ( ? ) spots on the vehicle. They are stubborn, how best to remove?

Also stubborn is a bit of bug build up towards the nose... Any suggestions here?

Oh, the ticket... 109 on a Montana freeway. $100 on the spot, nothing else. The HP was a pretty good guy, said this is not the autobahn, but he personally wished the speed limit was 'different'. I am just glad he didn't nail me at 120+.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wash the car, then use bug and tar remover on the bug splats. Wash that area again. Use Dawn dishwashing detergent for these washes to remove oils and waxes. Then get a clay bar such as Clay Magic and clay the entire car to remove contaminants. This step should remove the water spots, but not always. If not, the car needs to be buffed. If you are inexperienced in this, find a very reputable detailing shop. After all of this wash again and apply you favorite wax or polymer sealant.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ is a great place for detailing tips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the info,

until now I've used nothing but Klasse products, and this was just a drive thru rinse job. Still need the full tratment as described? Thanks-

·
Registered
172 Posts
go real light on the clay, barely touching the paint, moisten the paint prior to running the clay on it. At least one clay product comes with a spray enclosed, though I believe that H20 is okay as well--has worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts