Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE ADDED ANY AFTERMARKET CD SYSTEMS OR ANYTHIGN BECAUCE MY DIDNT COME WITH ONE AND I WANT TO HAVE A REAL GOOD SYSTEM THAT HITS HARD. DO YOU KNOW IF I CAN PUT TVS IN MY HEAD RESTS?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If you are willing to sacrifice the steering wheel controls, your local stereo store can fix you up with whatever you can afford. There is a company which fits lcd screens into E class headrests. These will slide right into the guides in your seats. Don't remember the name of the company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure that you want to do this?

I was going to replace my stock A10 head with a Minidisc system. After much research, I found out that the entire car has to be rewired (ripping and gutting the interior) to replace the fibre optic lines.

One of the reason why I bought a Benz is for its interior tightness. I am not willing to let "anyone" to tear the panels apart and screw them back.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The fiber optic cables only run from the cd changer, which platt doesn't seem to have, to the headunit and on to the Bose amp. If you have neither there are no fiber optic cables to be concerned about.

If the car has Bose, I would suggest putting the new amp where the Bose amp is then there is no need to run new speaker wires. Just use the existing wire. You would need to run wires from the headunit to the amp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so pretty much since I just have the plain weak stock system without the cd changer then I don't have the Bose amp and speakers? There is also a fiber optic converter for about 50 bucks that allows you to not have to re-wire the whole car. Lynn- what aftermarket parts did you put into your Benz, and what are you planing to do in the future?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If you have Bose there will be Bose logos in the front speaker grilles in the doors of a coupe, or on one of the speakers on the package shelf of a sedan.

Currently on the car, there aren't many aftermarket pieces, just Philips VisionPlus halogen headlight bulbs and the Euro COMAND. I have a set of Vogtland sport springs and a Renntech intercooler. These will be installed with the Evsport sway bars I will be getting soon. I am considering buying C32 AMG front brakes, and possibly an ASP or Kleemann pulley. If it goes into production and I can afford it, I might get the Kleemann Lysholm supercharger conversion. I would like to have the Kleemann speed sensitive suspension, but I doubt that will happen. I might consider a Supersprint header.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just the basic non-Bose system and the sound is LAME! Short of replacing the head, I was thinking of just changing to better speakers and inserting an amp inline to them. Is the head to cheesy to make this worthwhile? If I do it, where's the best place to put the amp (any room under dash)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts