Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate looking at the handset buttons on my steering wheel and the star and pound sign on my dash radio which serve to remind me that I'm missing out on something. Would appreciate hearing what my options are for getting the phone system up and running (voice activation not necessary).

·
Registered
37 Posts
TheCapt said:
I hate looking at the handset buttons on my steering wheel and the star and pound sign on my dash radio which serve to remind me that I'm missing out on something. Would appreciate hearing what my options are for getting the phone system up and running (voice activation not necessary).
Three things:

$, $, and more $.

Clearly the most disappointing part of our car, eh?

Tim 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesn't appear like there is any info there...I too am interested in integrating my Nokia phone to my soon to arrive C230K Sedan...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got off the phone with dealer's service department and was given a firm quote: $450 labor; $595.00 for the phone itself; and $245 for the installation kit for a total of $1,290. I note that that's cheaper than the phone as an installed option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
oneoldkid said:
Doesn't appear like there is any info there...I too am interested in integrating my Nokia phone to my soon to arrive C230K Sedan...
It looks like Steve is updating his website. I also noticed that he has a page for his phone installs, but the page is blank. Hopefully, he will be able to get his info on there in time for thecapt.

Tim 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
MB Motorola V60T - new

I have a brand new - MB Motorola V60T for sale. It has never been used and will work with your Mercedes computer system. I only have the phone and do not have the cradle.

If interested - email me!

[email protected]

·
Registered
175 Posts
TheCapt said:
Just got off the phone with dealer's service department and was given a firm quote: $450 labor; $595.00 for the phone itself; and $245 for the installation kit for a total of $1,290. I note that that's cheaper than the phone as an installed option.
I had the V60 phone system installed after I bought the car. I too hated the "missing stuff" and the rude "NO PHONE" reminder every time I scrolled through the menu. I spend 2+ hours a day driving so I justified it that way. It was pricey though - about $1,800 installed. I do like it very much, and would miss it if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I now have to take back what I said earlier about the price. Although I was quoted $1290 I drove over there because they wanted to check something out. Five people gave me five different prices - from $1290 to $2200, and when the smoke all cleared it was about $2000 because the lowest price assumed I had a cradle.

This really sucks. It's worse than when I bought a new Harley where it only cost you a hundred dollars every time you though about your ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts