Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Mike,

A lot quieter over here than Benzworld and the twilight of MBshop's OD. Hopefully we can get some more action, w/o the dry-as-toast political stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Match went well. On his first pass Ivan gave us a little wind and about three drops of rain, on his second pass (the last day of shooting) he got us plenty wet. I made it back to Michigan last night.

My cortizone shot for my shoulder wore off in one week. I was taking it easy in practice, limiting myself to 500 rounds per day and was feeling great. First day of competition the pain was back. I had it rough for the individual matches - only took one trophy. Team matches were a different story as I was able to pull it together and block out the burn. We took a 1st in revolver, 2nd in semi-auto and a 3rd in a 2-man pick-up team.

The pick-up match is a little fun match where they match up all the competitors by classification to come up with all expert class teams. Then they break it down so no one is shooting with a team mate, or even someone from their own State. A fun match using duty autos.

Soon as I get a little time I'll post a picture or two of the trophies.

·
Banned
357 Posts
MikeTangas said:
Match went well. On his first pass Ivan gave us a little wind and about three drops of rain, on his second pass (the last day of shooting) he got us plenty wet. I made it back to Michigan last night.

My cortizone shot for my shoulder wore off in one week. I was taking it easy in practice, limiting myself to 500 rounds per day and was feeling great. First day of competition the pain was back. I had it rough for the individual matches - only took one trophy. Team matches were a different story as I was able to pull it together and block out the burn. We took a 1st in revolver, 2nd in semi-auto and a 3rd in a 2-man pick-up team.

The pick-up match is a little fun match where they match up all the competitors by classification to come up with all expert class teams. Then they break it down so no one is shooting with a team mate, or even someone from their own State. A fun match using duty autos.

Soon as I get a little time I'll post a picture or two of the trophies.
Whoa Deja Vu I'd swear I heard that before :lol: (michigan joke)

Hello Mike!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of Deja Vu...I found one here in Port Huron today.

Word is that it isn't a nice place like the rest of them. Might hafta go UC to scope it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Guess I'll check in here too. A few ex-m-shop-ers reffered me over here. Been hanging out at Benzworld, but it's already getting to look just like m-shop with all the Bush-kerry-Iraq dribble.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've looked around that other board the last few days: Fogettaboutit! What a waste of time. :lol: Way worse than the last few months of MBshop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was pretty good when we all first got there. But yeah, it's like a bad summer rerun of M-shop now. I'll still check in there once in awhile, but.....

·
Banned
357 Posts
I just took a peek over there, I noticed the following:

1. Jim Smith still canot make a point in less than 6 full paragraphs which seem cut and pasted but he thinks they are original thought.

2. The rest are just plain angry, it's nice to have them out of my life. Nov. 3rd I might stop in and say hello.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Catholic bashing seems to be the name of the game over there as well. Easy target these last few years. Just like picking on the weak kid at recess. I've noticed a decent amount of Morman bashing as well.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but if we bashed Isam or Judiasm like that, watch out-- :roll:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts