Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was strange not hear a small noise (beep or chirp) when activating the alarm on my car. All I see are the blinkers flash three times in a row to verify that it has been activated. Kind of annoying to have to wait and stare at the lights to see if you have activated it. I really hate this feature, my Land Rover Discovery has the same problem. I remember when I had a BMW and I could quickly walk away from the car, hold the lock/alarm remote over my shoulder, here the beep to verify it has been activated, and stuff the keys in my pocket. Is there a way to change this feature? And if so, can it be done by me and not go through the hassle of bringing it to the dealership?

·
Registered
34 Posts
craniusmaximus said:
You will lose your panic button
Really? I think that should be noted in the How to. I almost had mine done, but the dealer couldn't get their DAS working. And after having had the pleasure of making a very cute co-worker jump when she walked by my car yesterday, I think I can live without the chirp for the panic button!!! :D

I can be such a prick! But honestly, Freddy made me do it!!! :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really....Lynn is this correct?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you hold down your unlock button on your remote key the windows and sunroof will go down. The reverse will happen when holding down the lok button on your remote key. BMW has had this feature available for years. When the Mercedes salesman showed me, he acted like we had just walked on the moon. Hard to keep from laughing since I had a BMW in 1997 that did the same thing. Also, I believe VW ran a commercial about a year ago that featured a guy sitting in his new car in his driveway reading the manual and when he discovered this feature he went "WOW." I believe with a VW, you can also put the key in the door hole, turn it and hold it there for a couple seconds, this will put the windows up/down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
chirping

Does the holding the unlock button to bring dwn the windows really work
I believe it's just for the 2003 cars..I don't believe my 2002 c230 does that. Also i have asked the dealer to change my chriping noise to my car because i heard that you can do it on this forum.. But when I went to go ask him..the Chicago dealer at loeber..He acted like he didn't knw anything about it.. They have n clue what they are doing there. They don't know about all the features of their cars or anything to be a long lasting Mercedes dealership. Most of all worst service ever.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
To lower the windows hold the key within a few feet of the IR sensor on the door handle. Press the unlock button once to unlock the doors. Press and hold it a second time and the windows will lower and the roof will open half way. Press and hold a third time and the roof will open completely.

The IR emitter in the key must be pointed at the IR sensor in the door handle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes I know, but do you lose that feature if you have alarm chirp enabled?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked up my C230 Coupe this afternoon. Nobody at the dealership knew that they had the ability to program the chirp.

Ugh!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately, I have found car dealerships of all makes to be most unknowledgeable regarding the many features a particular vehicle comes with. They just want to sell you the car, but can't tell you too much about it. I think it's a shame. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts