Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anybody up to speed on the operation of the ALDA ?

when vacumm is applied this INCREASES the fuel mixture ?

or is the other way round ?

I am working on the adjustable boost controls for the twin MB diesel boat project
and I also want to have adjustable mixture to fine tune EGT with varying boost pressures

-Jason

·
Registered
584 Posts
Other way around I believe.

On your turbo engines, the line going from the manifold to the alda should be positive pressure, since the turbos are providing boost. A gauge on said line should tell you how much boost you are getting.
With the increased manifold pressure (i.e. more air from the turbos), the alda should enrichen the fuel mix to maintain proper air/fuel ratio.

Though most people should not mess with it. the alda does have a screw on it for tuning the mix. This should be a set and forget proposition, since the alda is boost sensitive. If you do play with that screw, try to do so in 1/4 turn increments, as it is very sensitive.

Any news on the sea trial?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its on the pressure side..

OK no problem.. since I am always going to be operating at "sea level"

ha ha ha

I am going to control how much boost the ALDA "sees" by regulating the input pressure, so when I adjust boost I can also control mixture and fine tune the EGT numbers

I have to finish up a few cooling system issues that cropped and run another sea test in the next few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts