Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C-230 Coup... it is a very fun car to have. Recently I feel the alignment is off, and the wheel tends to be on right. Is it included in standard warranty item? If not, how much it going to cost me?

By the way, I am thinking to get a 4 dr C230 sport, or C320 sport. which one you guys perfer? The main concer is the seat noise. I have a lot of problem with my Coupe. Since there are a lot of moving parts in both seats, it makes a lot of noise while I am driving. Sometime the noise comes from the column too... man... I had enough. Now sure the 4Dr one has the same problem.. any input?

Thanks guys! :wink:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I believe that MB will provide for one free alignment within the first year of ownership.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Mark08859 said:
I believe that MB will provide for one free alignment within the first year of ownership.
That is correct.

Moving parts in the seats causing noise? That is something I have not heard of before. If you can afford the price difference between the C230k sports sedan and the C320 sport sedan, buy the C320.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
In the US, the warranty covers one alignment in the first year. The car must display signs of misalignment due to factory error and can't have any damage from hitting a curb or other abuse. Signs of fatory errors are pulling, uneven and/or unusual tire wear, and the steering wheel is not centered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Typically in the us the manufacturers warranty on alignment is with in 12 months or 12,000 miles. And as mentioned above, signs of bent suspension, steering components, wheels, etc would be subject to customer pay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vehicles do not just come out of alignment either. Normal driving conditions will never cause the vehicle to become out of spec. Alignment changes happen because of minor or sometimes extreme changes in the suspension/steering system from driving over pot holes, curbs, extremely rough road surfaces, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HMMM...

Really? Well, my baby C is a used car.... so 'with-in first year' is over for sure. The pulling is not very strong, and I never do anything stupid like running over curb. So... is it just the safty design? I know that most new car won't run completely strenght anyway since it was designed to pull to right if the driver fall asleep, so that the car hit the curb but not the incoming traffic.... The pulling in my car is not very strong.... so.... beside tires pressure, what alse I can do? :?:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
almost forget.... THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR INPUTS!!!

Thank you once again....

Lynn:

Well.. the noise is coming from the spring below the seat.. and also the nois is coming from the hard black plastic on both sides rubbing against the seat material. Nothing much i can do. I have already adding padding in between to avoid direct contact.... it is just a design problem. And in fact, that's the exact same reason to 'stop' me thinking to get a C230 sedan... the small noise really drives me crazy.... 8O . The only super quiet C-class is C-320 wegan... hahaha.... but my wife hated the design...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts