Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
New forum member looking to connect with fellow MB C-63S owners. I a Cadillac CTS-V owner looking to convert over to MB C-63S. I know nothing about this vehicle, besides what I've seen on youtub.com. I'm been looking on the web and notice a few C-63S that caught my attention with low 25k or less mileage. I have a few concerns/questions?

Is there anything pertinent that I should be aware of with this MB model?
Is there mandatory maintenance required for this Bi-turbo turbo engine ?
Any flaws with model?
Can owners accomplish normal oil changes or vehicle owner must go to dealership to be changed?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
975 Posts
I assume that you're looking for either the W204 or the W205 model?

As with all car servicing it depends on your knowledge of car maintenance.
Many dealerships will void a warranty if an owner has carried out any work on the vehicle himself which includes simple tasks such as oil changes, so be aware of this if the car you buy is still under warranty, and read the warranty conditions very carefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redliner
Thanks for your reply, I'm a person that likes to accomplish basic maintenance task that every owner should know how to do. I'm surprised that oil/filer change would be frowned upon but know every little thing so they don't have to cover a repair under warranty. Where might I locate a copy of the warranty conditions in advance to educate myself prior to purchasing.
You mentioned the W204 and W205, is these the base mode 467 hp, and the S model 503hp? I don't know just me guessing? I prefer to purchasing the "S" with 503hp.
Hows MB ventilated seat option? I prefer this option due to that I live in Florida, hate sweating when driving my vehicles due to the leather seating surfaces.
Thanks again for reaching out to me.
v/r
Mike

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
975 Posts
Mike, you may be better looking at the models you are thinking of buying and Information on the seats at our Sister Forum
I think you'll find what you are looking for there (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
New forum member looking to connect with fellow MB C-63S owners. I a Cadillac CTS-V owner looking to convert over to MB C-63S. I know nothing about this vehicle, besides what I've seen on youtub.com. I'm been looking on the web and notice a few C-63S that caught my attention with low 25k or less mileage. I have a few concerns/questions?

Is there anything pertinent that I should be aware of with this MB model?
Is there mandatory maintenance required for this Bi-turbo turbo engine ?
Any flaws with model?
Can owners accomplish normal oil changes or vehicle owner must go to dealership to be changed?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
hey mike, fellow w205 c63s owner here, just want to let you know you can do as many oil changes yourself as i have for the past year since i bought my car. the only reason i would take it to the dealer is if I needed a transmission issue resolved as only the dealer is capable of doing such jobs. Ive also replaced my spark plugs at around 40k miles then took it to the dealer for a inspection and they looked at me in awe when i told them i did it myself. all it takes is a few youtube videos and youll become a mercedes mechanic in notime! Hope this helps! Enjoy the last of the V8 C63 while we have it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey mike, fellow w205 c63s owner here, just want to let you know you can do as many oil changes yourself as i have for the past year since i bought my car. the only reason i would take it to the dealer is if I needed a transmission issue resolved as only the dealer is capable of doing such jobs. Ive also replaced my spark plugs at around 40k miles then took it to the dealer for a inspection and they looked at me in awe when i told them i did it myself. all it takes is a few youtube videos and youll become a mercedes mechanic in notime! Hope this helps! Enjoy the last of the V8 C63 while we have it
artherc63
thanks for your reply, I have been watching all the youtub video's I can find concerning basic maintenance of the M177 engine in the C-63S model benz. I agree after watching the trannie fluid service I would spring the cash for this service, I could do it but way to over engineered and much envolved in changing this fluid! These vehicles are holding their value or are being over prices like everything else in this crazy world. I'm still on the fence about pulling the trigger and selling my current cts-V that hasn't cost me a dime to an unknown vehicle purchase.
thanks again for your input!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts