Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,

This is my first post so be easy on me. I am considering to buy a C230 Sedan with the 6sp manual. Are there any small issue, excluding major failure, that you experienced? I am interested in knowing problems like mal-functioning power windows, trunck doesn't unlock, skipping CD player, burnt out dashboard light...etc, not the major ones where you have to pay a visit to the dealerhship.

I have owned 4 honda/acura cars over the past 6 years and have not had any experience with European vehicle. Further, this will be my FIRST rear wheel drive car (one big reason why I am considering the C230). I have driven the Acura TSX, and liked it, except, again, I really wanted to get a rear wheel drive car. I had also tried the BMW 3 series but there are about 5 of them at each stop light.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've only had my '04 C230 sedan less than 1.5k miles, but haven't had any problems so far. I know there were some known electrical issues with the C230's in the past (windows, sunroof, etc.), but I'm hoping MB has fixed them for the '04's. I'm sure there are others here who could give additional details, though most members seem to be coupe owners. I highly recommend the C230 sedan!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to be the first to complain about my 2004 C230 sedan. The damb cup holder broke after like the first week I had the car. It is toooooo overly engineered. I haven't taken my car in to get it fixed yet. But other than that the car is hot..... Great investment in my book.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I've had my 230 Sedan for almost a year and I really have not had any problems with it. The only recent annoyance I have had, which somehow corrected itself and the problem has not resurfaced; is a minor malfunction with the sunroof. It did not want to open; it seemed the switch was not allocating the proper response. But I pulled into a parking lot; shut the car off, and for some reason, everything worked fine. Never had a problem with the power windows, seats, cd player, etc.

One other annoyance that I have is a knocking sound from the trunk. It seems when I had the new suspension installed, they decided to remove my spare tire and everytime I hit a bump, the main bolt that holds the tire and assembly down knocks against the bottom of the trunk pan. No big deal, I'm just a little too busy to bring it to the dealer. I just stuck a small piece of plastic under it and it seems to suffice.

Honestly, no matter what problems I incur with this car I will still love it. It drives great, looks great, and if need be, you can break the tires loose in ALL six gears! How many people can say that they have seen a Mercedes Benz chirping the tires in second and "drifting" through a turn!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a few issues with the car.
My car was sold in Nov 2001.
So this is likely the first that came out of the factory.
- Problem with CD player (solved)
- Front swaybar problems (solved) link broken and bushings were changed.
- Rear transfer case was leaking (solved)

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a semi-problem... i have the 2002 c230 with out the power seats... if you don't get the power seats the nob to decline my seat is in the worst possible spot... on the side of my seat , right next to the arm rest... wuts up with that...i hate it. but the car is great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts