Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone bought these for their car. How do they look (especially on black paint jobs)? Bought my car used and have only had it for about 3 weeks, when I look at the paint job I notice scratches the most behind the door handles and I don't think I'll be able to get rid of them either. Would anyone recommend getting them or do they make the car look tacky?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
chrome door handles

I think that the chrome door handles look good. I think they are just a peel and stick application. I have seen pictures on a few web sites selling them. Send us pictures on your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have them on mine (chrome on silver) along with headlamp ring, it was installed by the dealer before I took delivery. Not sure about darker cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They look great on silver but I think they'll look pretty tacky on black. I plan on getting them and having a service black chrome them so they won't stand out as much. I noticed the scratches there as soon as I got the car. As on every car, they're completely unavoidable. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can someone please post a pic of what these look like on their car. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
chrome door handles

Does any one know if they purchase the chrome door handles if they can run there car thru a car wash without coming off? Or if they use a pressure washer gun at car wash if its ok. I was thinking about getting this for my car with orion blue paint with chrome headlight rings. Please share any finding members may have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If they're installed correctly i.e applied on clean, polish/wax-free paint, you shouldn't have any problems with car washes or pressure washers. Also, I believe they are plastic chrome so they should be much easier to maintain than actual chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts