Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting rid of my VW and want to take a step up. I love the looks of the c230k sedan (manual) and I'm inches away from getting one... However, a friend of mine (who I believe knows alot about cars) told me they were unreliable and not worth the hassle. He was previously interested in the same car and was discouraged from buying one. I plan on driving alot and doing some roadtrips and need something I can depend on. Is this the car for me?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Only real problem that that particular car has is some misfire problems due to excessive carbon build up on the exhaust valves. Usually a engine control module flash update should keep that from happening. It's under warranty still. If it's a good deal, I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Repair price

It's a great entry level car.. The only thing you got to be weary of is standard wear and tear.. Tires alone can run you $1000. Brake service is another big expense if you have sport package. Oil changes not so bad, but expensive at dealers. You should look to see how much service will cost at your nearest dealer. I have to change my breaks on my 05 c230k sport and so far at the dealer is about $500..ouch... So I am trying to do it myself or find a certified mechanic that works on benz that may be cheaper.. ttyl
rick

·
Registered
18 Posts
2005 C230

I'd agree that it's a good entry level car. I think you might be better off finding a low miles 2004 model so you can avoid the expensive service cost (Service no longer free as of 2005 model year).

Will Stahnke
BenzTech1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts