Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to add my new C320 coupe to my policy and they're telling me that it's a grey import (vehicle not made to be sold in US) when it obviously isn't. It has all of the federal info. on the door sill, DOT stamps on the windows and proper Mercedes VIN pattern for US models. AIG (my insurance company) won't add it until they have a release letter from the DOT. They say they require this of all imports. My dealer can't figure it out either. This is really getting irritating since I now have a new Mercedes I can't drive. Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences??

·
Banned
175 Posts
how do you like you C320? I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. we as owners are far a few between.
Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called MBUSA and they verified the VIN as a US VIN and not Euro or Canadian (grey). The idiots at AIG's call center gave me the name of a supervisor to speak with who won't be in until 3pm today. The dealership has also faxed them paperwork on the car. I've looked at other insurance companies, but they can't come close to AIG's quote. Other insurance companies had no problem with the VIN.

As far as the car goes, I love it!! It's black with oyster leather. Beautiful car, plenty of power (I chanced driving it home with no insurance). It does seem to be a rare vehicle on the roads these days. I think I've only seen one in the Chicagoland area so far. Mostly sedans and kompressors here. I can't wait until I can drive it again! Grrrrrrr :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts