Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my C-Coupe for service. The treatment I got was among the worst auto service experiences I've ever had. I was eager to vent my frustration in the post service survey, but never received the survey. I made an inquiry about the survey with MBUSA but received no reply. Does MB provide different service levels based on car type? I can't imagine that S class or AMG owners are being treated this way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have received surveys for but my last visit, and I have been treated extremely well at each visit. Not only have I taken care of in a timely manner, treated with respect and courtesy, but also they have washed and dried the car including the brake dust incrusted front wheels on every visit. They always offer fresh coffee, doughnuts and danish, not a big thing but it does indicate a service based culture.

My salesman told me I was buying a car backed up with premier service. Historically that is a line of BS when buying anything and mostly a car. Surprisingly I have been more than pleased with my treatment and the work done on my low end C class.

I would suggest you lodge a complaint with MBUSA customer relation by phone with a follow up in writing. Whether it will help I don’t know, but it has a better chance than no doing anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Service Experience

I have had nothing but good experiences when I have been in. You should have gotten a survey sheet from the service visit. I would bitch to MB corporate if I was you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have only been to my dealer a few times but the service has always been great. I gave them the highest rating on the JD Power survey. I am concerned though that there are only two blacks working for a dealership as big as Fletcher Jones.
I agree with everyone else, you should write. Most people don't know how much difference writing makes. Even if you don't get your desired results. Someone else may benefit from your efforts, and in that way we all win.
I agree with you about C class is seen as less than the rest. In all the advertisements the C class is sold as a way for the average “Joe” to get into Mercedes-Benz. I fear the A class will hurt us even more. It’s understandable though. Those that make eighty thousand and more a year than we do expect to be in a higher class than us little people. Prestige wasn’t what I was looking for when I got my C230 (it just “feels” good driving a Benz) but this is bound to lower our resale value.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are C-Coupe owners second class citizens to Mercedes Benz?

Absolutely not! I have found tremendous differences in service attitudes from dealer to dealer though. Most have been very good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have received AAA, great service from my dealer. Always got 2003 years benz as a loaner, great communication and HAPPY with the service. I think it depends on service manager attitude or dealership, I believe most of the dealer has AAA service/ care.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No. Not in my case. MB of West Chester (in PA) always treats me like I've just brought in a 500SL. Honestly, I can't imagine better treatment than what I've received from them. In years past, I'd take my BMW back to the dealer across the street to have a problem fixed which they didn't fix correctly the first time, and they'd schedule another appointment for two weeks down the road. With MB, they fix the problem right away, while I wait in their customer lounge, complete with five different varieties of Starbucks coffee!! It really has been a refreshing experience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our dealer gives us the best service I've ever received at any dealer! Everyone, from the receptionist to the service writer to the finance department treats us like gold. I love taking the car in for oil changes, eating a Krispy Kreme, sipping a cappuccino while waiting. We were a bit intimidated to even consider buying a Mercedes (silly, I know) but now we feel like we belong to an elite club. Only Saturn treats their customers this well. I know, no comparison for product, Saturn sells the customer service, their car is for people who don't know (or care) about cars. :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BabybenzSoCal said:
Our dealer gives us the best service I've ever received at any dealer! Everyone, from the receptionist to the service writer to the finance department treats us like gold. I love taking the car in for oil changes, eating a Krispy Kreme, sipping a cappuccino while waiting. We were a bit intimidated to even consider buying a Mercedes (silly, I know) but now we feel like we belong to an elite club. Only Saturn treats their customers this well. I know, no comparison for product, Saturn sells the customer service, their car is for people who don't know (or care) about cars. :wink:
Wow! After complaining, my dealer seems eager to make things right. That's great, but I didn't see any Krispy Kremes or cappuchino!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Every dealer is different, maybe it depends on where you live. Our dealer is Keyes European in Van Nuys, CA. Lots of MB dealerships in SoCal, so there is PLENTY of competition... :wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
My dealer has been excellent for service thus far (two visits and one scheduled for next week). They will drive the 20 miles to my car and pick it up, service it, wash it, and return it. No extra charge. On the occasion that I did wait for the car I was treated very well. When lunchtime rolled around, they tossed me the keys to a beautiful E class so I could go out and get some lunch.

Sounds like your dealership has an attitude problem. Write a letter to MBUSA. Sure, we're driving the bottom of the totem pole for MB, but the marketing of this car is to get us hooked on MB with what we can afford today so they can sell us those $$$$ cars in future years. Good marketing strategy - but part of the alure for me is how well I've been treated after the sale. Write that letter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MB Service C230

Hi y'all,

I have to agree with those of you who find the MB service very good. I drove in from a long trip out East to see the 'Outlaws'(in-laws). On my return i popped into the dealer, had the car washed completely--it was loaded with squished Alberta bugs and had the sunroof lubricated as it squeaked. I got Royal treatment, coffee, donuts and a warm welcome. I guess you have to find a dealer who wants REPEAT BUSINESS! If the dealer where you bought the car is no good, find a better one and report them. That's what I would do. My dealer is great so far!! In Canada, with 14.5 % tax, a C230 costs pretty close to 48 grand Canadian, loaded!! That's not a cheap car and MB knows it!!

AL

·
Registered
127 Posts
I still say no. I took the coupe in for service A and got the car back spotless (literally) and vacuumed. And I got an alignment at no charge 15 months after purchase, but less than 11K. They didn't even squirm when I asked, the underwriter said he'd tell the service manager what I ask and he said "yes".

I'm putting these guys on my Christmas list, really. Most of my family doesn't treat me as good as they do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends on the dealership

It certainly isn't a case of Benz not appreciated the customers in the C-class range, however service varies from dealership to dealership as mentioned. I haven't had persay any real major issues with my car, but I'm unimpressed with the service department at my dealership. I've had to have several small items done such as weather trim replaced, speaker grill replaced, sunroof seals check to get rid of the dreaded "squeaks". Had problems with one rear tire and keeping pressure. So I've had to go in for lots of small minor part replacements, none of which in my opinion show bad quality, just bad luck on my part :D. With the exception of this last time with getting the replacement for the door trim, I have never ever been contacted when my parts come in. I know for a fact that on several occasions my parts have sat around for months. Being as they are not critical at all I often forget about them, then when I do remember I call and their like, "what? Oh yah, its here, when you wanna come in and get it installed?" I think they were waiting by default for the next service, and then they'd just put it all on at once and save themselves a little labour on their warranty work. When I'm at the dealership their courteous and helpful and the shuttle takes me wherever I need to go, their just lax in their communication. My salesmen was great, but the leasing of my car was a fiasco, and one I complained about heavily, to my salesmen, to the manager, and in my surveys. Who knows if it will have any effect. So while I feel i'm not in particular getting horrible horrible service, I don't feel as though I'm overly pampered when I go to my dealer either, their friendly and competant, but not fantastic.

My friend just bought the special edition Hyundai Tiburon, and his experience has made me a little thankful though, he's had many issues with paint chipping and other quality type issues that I so far have not experienced with Benz. So in short, while the service is adequate at Benz and the quality of work done by the service department is very good, I also have not been blown away by it either...I'm indifferent :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
service for C class owners

I have to say that I have not experienced any different level of service just because I own a c230. I went to the dealer in Greenwich, CT, where every other model that comes in for service is an SL 55 AMG. I have always been treated with courtesy and respect for service visits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not at MB of Tampa......

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have taken my car to the dealer (Prestige Motors, NJ) just once for it's first service and it was a saturday.
On saturdays, they work only till 1pm, don't give out loaner cars and do only the very basic service (if there are any problems with the car, one is required to call and reschedule).
Experience:

I arrived at the scheduled time and waited in line for about twenty minutes as there two cars in front of me. Then, when it was my turn, I had to wait for another 15 minutes as the service person did not notice me or my car which were standing right in front of him for more than 30 mins now. Anyway, when I finally went and asked for someone to help me, they asked me if there was anything else besides the routine 1st service that I needed just to be told that I shall need to make another appointment as they don't do these things on saturday (btw, I wanted them to fix the right headlight washer which broke when I used it for the very first time!!!). The staff was polite all right... they asked me to either wait in the waiting room or walk around the showroom... the waiting room had a TV, magazines and free coffee (The coffe was definitely not Starbucks and I don't remember seeing any doughnuts....). Took a walk around the showroom, was greeted nicely, but the moment I told them that I already own a C320 and was just checking other cars out... that was the last I heard from anyone in the showroom... if I needed any info, "it was written next to the car"...
The car was in for service for about an hour and a half, so the overall experience was OK... but when I got the car back, it was definitely not washed or anything, but definitely had smudges on it.... not too exciting... although, they did give me a coupon to get the car detailed for about $180-200 only!!!
After that, I've had other minor problems and one major problem with the car (the major problem being a rattle and squeaky suspension)... I called for an appointment and the earliest appointment they would give me is a MONTH later, regardless of my problem. I tried calling other dealers too, but it didn't work out. It has been a month of constant rattle and other unpleasant noises... and people making fun of the "Mercedes" only after 12000 miles... I hope all this waiting was worth it. I will definitely let you know how it goes when I go in for service this time. I sure hope it will be a pleasant experience like all of you have had.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts