Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for a while now (1 month) the ASR light has been coming on intermittantly- apparently when the car is hot - later in the day. (Live in Austin Texas currently runnin at around 90-104) This only happened when I would start the car and never while the car was running. In addition - when I used the remote starter - the ASR light rarely came on - however when I used the Key to start it nearly always came on

I finally caved in and decided to take the measures to have it fixed as it was driving me nuts. So I bring it to an reccommended import mechanic shop.

I sit $1200 later and all that I know that has happened is

a lot of diagnostics have been run
I have new spark plugs
some new fuses
a new belt to stop the AC cutting out when I put my foot down
the helpful hint that the Alarm system when activated trips the sensors in the throttle body and I need a new one of those by the way

I picked up the car running in perfect order and before I reached home the ASR light had come on while in motion - a first.

Also a new problem has arrived - the ASR light will not stay off - every time I start the car - with the Key - the light is there to taunt me. I am not risking the remote started - "for fear of trippin the sensors"

The mechanics shop tells me - before they said it appeared to be fixed - the sensor that is making it come on is on the throttle body - and between that part and the labor to put it in I was looking at another $2500.

I feel nervous placing my credit card and car in their hands again.

Could someone please offer help / guideance

·
Registered
22 Posts
IT IS ACTUALLY CALLED AN M/16 MOTOR AND CAN BE THE CAUSE
MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT GUESSING
IT IS WORTH THE 1 HOUR DIAGNOSIS TIME AT A DEALER TO SEE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts