Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

B. B. B. (Buffing-out Bumper Blemishes)

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  98MBE320 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 black E320 that has a small number of scratches and some scuffs on its plastic, painted bumper. Can they be “buffed-out” and if so how do you suggest that I do that?

Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
If they don't go through the paint (if you can't see the surface under the paint) they can likely be buffed out. I would highly recommend paying a reputable detail shop to buff the whole car. It's not even that expensive at the dealership and will really bring back the luster and depth in your paint. If they are through the paint, you have a couple options. There are many vehicle airbrushing services that can sand down and touch up those areas. Results vary by the indiviual doing the work. The guy I have that does the airbrushing on our lot makes it undetectable to all but the most keen observers. The only way to really do it right is to have a body shop spray it, but then, depending on the body shop, you may have evidence of a repair, slight mismatching of the paint, etc. I'd go the airbrush route first, as it will be exponentially less expensive and will likely give you good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.