Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up the car, and the leather on the back seat appears to be in good condition, but the padding is all gone. both the seat back, and the cushion appear to have lost their stuffing. is this a big job? expensive? do it yourself? any insight would be appreciated. thanks,
Scott :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Seat pads

This is a common problem. My ’80 300SD has the same problem. The “horsehair” pads disintegrate over time and fall apart. If you check the floor you will see a lot of black flakes, which is what happens to the pads when they brake down. Unfortunately the replacement pads can be expensive and are hard to find. You will need new pads, it is unlikely that you will find a used seat from a junkyard that is in any better shape. I did locate a source that sales the pads and seat material, I will post their contact info later. Also, it is likely that your seats are MB-Tex rather than leather.

R

·
0 Posts
seat pads W116

The prices really aren't that bad. The part numbers are 116 924 02 16 & 116 924 01 14. Your cost should be no more than $152.00 and $131.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts