Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i'm in the wrong section please move topic.
I have an c36 amg -96 with the m104 engine.
Does anyone please upload pictures how to take apart the throttlebody so i'll be able to check the potentionmeter in the throttle body.
I can only move the lever like 1 inches then it goes into limp mode. I have seen people in the forum who's been able to check the potentiometer in the throttlebody so someone should be able to tell me
//

·
Administrator
874 Posts
Firstly do as Eric suggests and check codes.
Also if the ETA is humming with the ignition on, this is a good sign that the ETA clutch is working properly.
The main problem with ETAs from 1992 -1996 is the wiring harness wires degrade and short out.

Check out the online videos by Victor from Mercedes repair and restoration he is the expert on ETA issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly do as Eric suggests and check codes.
Also if the ETA is humming with the ignition on, this is a good sign that the ETA clutch is working properly.
The main problem with ETAs from 1992 -1996 is the wiring harness wires degrade and short out.

Check out the online videos by Victor from Mercedes repair and restoration he is the expert on ETA issues.

Have checked the faultcodes with an autocom cdp. And the dtc i gets is throttle potentiometer.
I have rewired the loom for the throttlebody.
It's only humming as long as i don't move the lever or the throttle linkage
The clutch and the motor is fine.
I have used victors video to try those parts, but since he never show how exactly he's doin when he's fixing the parts only when he's already done with the part i'll have no use of he's video

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
Probably because new parts cannot be bought for these so if the p meter is no good simply change the ETA for a second hand unit.

·
Administrator
874 Posts
More info and photos here Yet another ASR Problem; '94 S500

EDIT: Like my original link in my first post above, they are difficult to detect with the grey text with this new board style. Mouse over Yet another ASR Problem to highlight the link

·
Administrator
874 Posts
Ermmm.. click on the camouflaged link, not the underlined example :biggrin:

·
Administrator
874 Posts
as i said before. Victors films are not any help cuz he's never show how to fix it. just the part when it's already done
Did you open the link in my post #8 ?

·
Administrator
874 Posts

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
Great detective work Eric

I wish I had found those pics when I rewired my ETA a couple of weeks ago!
I usually use Yahoo as a search engine but this time I used google and yikes the number of hits for Mercedes Benz ETA is staggering. So if he needs more info then he is on his own with google:biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I usually use Yahoo as a search engine but this time I used google and yikes the number of hits for Mercedes Benz ETA is staggering. So if he needs more info then he is on his own with google:biggrin:

Thanks alot for the link. It was very helpful. I took it apart in like 20minutes =)
Anyway it look likes some of the parts cannot be taken apart. You see the white round piece with a lever on top. That seem to be put in placed with som very small rivets. So i don't know if i want to take apart before i know how to put them beack. It was not done i the link that you posted so.

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
You know, if it was me and I rewired the ETA and then it still did not work I would have thrown it in the bin and bought a second hand one.

You will find lots of information if you go to google search and input Mercedes Benz ETA. Sorry but this is the best I can do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know, if it was me and I rewired the ETA and then it still did not work I would have thrown it in the bin and bought a second hand one.

You will find lots of information if you go to google search and input Mercedes Benz ETA. Sorry but this is the best I can do.

Thanks anyway. Have tried with another eta, same issue. Anyway i think i was mistaken how to try it in the car. According to victor at restoreyourmercedes.com you have to press down the gaspedal when you move the lever for the cumputer to send a signal to the throttlebody. Not just move the lever in the throttlebody. otherwise the car goes into limp mode. I must have missed that part. Haven't yet tried it but i will as soon as possible

1 - 20 of 63 Posts