Benz Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sorry for not answering for a very long time but i have not been working on the car for a long time. Anyway I'm not sure how to just turn the inner part of the sprocket. do i have to remove sprockets from then camshaft? i really need a pictured guide to get any further with this project. do you really think that the tiny lite gap is because the retardation is wrong ?

//simon

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
Sorry for not answering for a very long time but i have not been working on the car for a long time. Anyway I'm not sure how to just turn the inner part of the sprocket. do i have to remove sprockets from then camshaft? i really need a pictured guide to get any further with this project. do you really think that the tiny lite gap is because the retardation is wrong ?

//simon
It is really not that difficult, with the bottom pulley timing marks up, remove the timing chain tensioner and then remove the exhaust camshaft sproket, lift the chain by hand off the inlet sprocket and turn the sprocket by hand clockwise until it stops and the put the chain back on.

Then refit the exhaust sprocket with the chain on it and refit the tensioner. Turn the engine several times clockwise by hand and recheck the timing. Job Jobbed.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts